“Regardless of where you work, servers are at the core of application and service functionality. If your servers are slowing down, your customers or users are not going to be happy and they will let you know that in no short terms,” said Tyrone Logan, system administrator, Baltimore City Public Schools. “My favorite feature is the new HyperBoot. Anything that can help my PC or laptop boot faster is a godsend and it is as much of an improvement as the SSD disk. The inclusion of the HyperBoot Technology in Diskeeper is comparable to the nitrous oxide cylinder under the hood of a car. It leaves the competitors sitting at the starting line.”
“The new Space Reclamation engine offers the added benefit of a higher ROI on hard drives. The more paid-for-space on your drives that you can utilise, the return on the funds invested increases, which reduces the need to invest in more drives before absolutely necessary.” Logan went on to say. “The biggest benefit is my being able to address poor hard drive performance and disk space issues proactively.”
Diskeeper delivers faster database performance to increase business productivity and faster backup performance, which protects more data in the same backup window. Diskeeper helps optimise the efficiency in all storage platforms, including SANs and SSDs.
* Diskeeper Server Edition focuses on the fast and efficient application performance of Windows server operating systems, regardless of the amount of traffic or the time of day
* Diskeeper Professional Edition provides essential application and storage performance optimisation for business desktops and laptops
* Diskeeper Administrator Edition software saves time and money by providing complete, centralised management of Diskeeper operations for all machines on the network – including installation, configuration, monitoring, updating, email reports and alerts
When files are created, deleted, or modified, they can be broken up and scattered around a volume instead of written in one place. This makes retrieving information like trying to read a book which pages are out of order, and it can quickly overwork the operating system and storage devices.
The best cure for a problem is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. Diskeeper prevents fragmentation at the Windows level, allowing an application and storage system to write or read at peak performance – with one contiguous access – improving drive performance while extending the drive’s useful life.
Diskeeper includes technology to help reclaim free space from thin provisioned volumes, maximising storage utilisation, which means no more running out of disk space before you planned.
* New User Interface - The Diskeeper Interface has been given a new state of the art look and feel, simplified navigation and drill-down architecture for additional information
* New CogniSAN - Detects external resource usage within a shared storage system, such as a SAN, and allows for transparent optimisation by never competing for resources utilised by other systems over the same storage infrastructure without intruding in any way into SAN-layer operations
* New Space Reclamation Engine - A new Space Reclamation engine allows the user to manually or automatically zero out unused space from thin provisioned volumes such as SAN or Virtual Storage systems
* New HyperBoot - HyperBoot technology has been incorporated into Diskeeper to improve system boot time
* Enhanced HyperFast - HyperFast now includes TRIM which further improves Solid State Drive (SSD) performance and longevity and supports all Windows platforms
* New System Monitoring - System Monitoring collects system environment activity and provides reporting on key elements such as statistical data about system I/O usage, disk state, and Diskeeper effectiveness; provides summary of the statistical data gathered for system performance monitoring purposes
“I am extremely proud of our team. We went the extra mile to listen to our customers and we delivered several new features in Diskeeper 12 that will further help them optimise and maintain their business performance, while extending their Cap X ROI,” said Jerry Baldwin, Condusiv CEO. “Our complete UI redesign provides a stunning, easy and simple user experience. HyperFast now includes TRIM, which further improves Solid State Drive (SSD) performance and longevity that builds upon our ExpressCache solution for our PC manufacturer partners. Maintaining peak operation performance by preventing system and server performance degradation is hugely important to our enterprise customers. When new customers see the clear benefit to saving up to 50 percent of precious server time in storage back up alone, they realise the compelling business impact in adopting Diskeeper through their entire organisation.”
Tags: BC/DR, Tiered Storage